Academy Advisory Council
Governance for the Houghton Regis Academy
Each Academy within the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has its own Advisory Council (AAC) that works closely with each Principal and Executive Principal.
Each AAC is a small group and has both staff and parent representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GDFT Trust Board.
Each AAC meets formally at least once a year and AAC members are encouraged to play an active part in the day to day life of the Academy .
The role of the Houghton Regis Academy Advisory Council
The AAC has three roles:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Executive Principal or Principal of the Academy and to advise the Board of Directors of the Greenwood Academies Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Principal of the Academy in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaints procedures.
Membership of the Houghton Regis Academy Advisory Council
- Two parents of a pupil at the Academy
- A member of staff at the Academy
- At least six sponsor appointed members
- The Chief Executive or a member appointed by him
- The Executive Principal of the Academy
|Sponsor Members:||Rev David Skinner|
|CEO Appointed Member:||
(Senior Secondary Education Adviser)